The MiniCat 460 is the sportiest boat in the MiniCat fleet measuring 15 feet overall length.
This boat is designed for a maximum of four people.
The MiniCat 460 Elite is the only MinICat model with a Carbon Fiber mast. This mast upgrade will provide a few benefits over it's aluminum masted brethren:
- The mast will be easier to step because it is lighter in weight
- With less wait aloft (high up) the boat will be more stable in heavier winds
- Added stability will make the boat faster and easier to control in heavy winds
This boat is very light for a sailboat at 128 pounds, but the two large bags can be cumbersome to carry. You can choose to upgrade the bags to bags with wheels. There is no need or option for the third smaller bag to have wheels.
- LOA 15' 1"
- BOA 7' 3"
- Weight 128 lbs
- Mast Height 20'
- Sail Area (Jib + Main) 124 ft2 (129 ft2 Gennaker)
- Crew Size 1 - 4
- Hull Material Heytex 5509
- Carrying Capacity 1,212 lbs
- Custom Sails Yes
- Optional Motor Bracket Yes
- Setup/Rigging Time 40 minutes
- Keel Type LAR Keels