TORQEEDO Cruise 4.0T Outboard Engine, Short Shaft (9.9 HP Equivalent)
The lightest, most powerful and most efficient electric outboards available, the Torqeedo Cruise 4.0 is the leading electric solution for pontoon boats, sailboats, small boats, commercial operations and users on lakes that limit the use of combustion motors.
Due to the use of a highly efficient rare earth magnet torque motor, electronics and gear package, Torqeedo Cruise models deliver up to twice the range from the same battery supply compared to other popular electric motors with high-tech features such as GPS-based range calculation, up-to-the-minute accurate battery status and speed calculations and its ability to work with cool accessories like Torqeedo’s smartphone app, TorqTrac.
Solid aluminum lower unit provides improved protection from impact damage, corrosion, fishing lines and debris. The Cruise 4.0 model delivers the propulsive power of an 8 hp and the thrust of a 9.9 hp combustion outboard. Tiller model; long shaft.
- All Cruise models are suitable for inflatables and other small boats.
- Recommended for dinghies and sailboats up to four tons
- High-efficiency outboard with 4,000W input power, equivalent to a 8hp combustion outboard
- Tiller steering control
- Optimized propeller design for greater thrust or more speed
- Rugged aluminum pylon with reinforced fin is extra robust even when running aground
- Shaft sealant rings mounted in protected area on the inside of the pylons
- Highest-grade saltwater-resistant aluminum (AlMgSi1), hard-anodized for long service life, even in the harshest conditions
- Lubricant-free polymer plain bearings protect against damage from fishing lines or debris
- Bearings provide improved mechanical support for propeller shaft to be wear-resistant and maintenance-free
- Comprehensive galvanic corrosion protection
- Aluminum fin coated in polyurethane foam provides additional protection from impacts
- Completely waterproof
- Two year manufacturer warranty
- Input Power: 4,000W
- Voltage: 48V
- Output Power: 2,240W (8hp equivalent propulsive power; 9.9hp equivalent thrust)
- Shaft Length: 24 5/8"
- Remote Control: No (can add remote throttle)
- Battery Type: External (sold separately)
- Max. Propeller Speed: 1,300RPM
- Steering Type: Twist tiller, 360° lockable
- Gearing: F-R continuously variable
- Weight: 40.3lb. total