LEHR 9.9hp Propane Powered Outboard Engine, Short Shaft, Manual Start
The first propane-powered outboard engines, LEHR motors present an environmentally-friendly and cost-effective alternative to gasoline. Overhead-valve four-stroke engines run on 110-octane propane, and are eco-friendly with zero evaporative emissions, because propane, unlike gasoline, is not listed as a marine pollutant by the DOT. Propane is 50-times cleaner than gas, with 96% less carcinogenic compounds, 60-70% less smog-producing hydrocarbons and no Class I or II ozone-depleting chemicals. It’s also domestically produced, reducing our dependency on foreign oil.
LEHR outboards are easy starting with no choke and no priming, reliable with no carburetor gum-up or winterizing, economical because propane costs roughly half as much as gas. 9.9hp and 15hp models connect only to remote tanks and are complete with a 10' hose assembly. Remote tanks are sold separately.
- Engine Type: 4-stroke OHV
- Engine Displacement: 212cc
- Shaft Length: 15"
- Weight: 87.7lb.
- Fuel: Propane (LPG)
- Fuel Tank Type: Remote tank (sold separately)
- Running Time: 11lb. remote tank: Throttle @ 5000rpm: approx. 2 1/2 hours; Throttle @ 3000rpm: approx. 6 hours - 17lb. remote tank: Throttle @ 5000rpm: approx. 4 hours; Throttle @ 3000rpm: approx. 9 hours
- Exhaust System: Through prop
- Ignition System: CDI
- Start: Manual
- Gearing: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Warranty: Three years